Saturday, August 9, 2008

My quilt update

I have finally finished piecing all of my quilt blocks together! I was still feeling unsure of how the whole thing would look all put together so I layed the blocks out on the floor. This is what it looked like. I was pleased with that look.


Then, still being worried about how it would look with the fabric I've chosen to go in between the pieced blocks, my sister suggested laying the blocks on top of the other fabric. This is what it looked like. I thing it has just the look I'm going for. It will be great in Shelby's room. Perfect for a 10 year old, still pink, but a little grown up too. What do you think?

My grandma always liked to have a quilt up for conference, and with the pace that I am going I think I will be ready to have this quilt on frames for conference. If some how I get this done earlier, then I am going to finish my "eye spy" quilt I started with my Harward family on Thanksgiving about 4 years ago. I will have to share that quilt with you all as well. Either way I will have a quilt up for conference! What do you think should I really quilt this pink and black quilt or should I just tie it? I can see both in my head so I'm not sure what I want to do. It is really fun to see this start to come together!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

The quilt looks awesome! I think you should quilt it. It will look so pretty. Great Job!

Kelly Hill said...

Wow! That is absolutely beautiful. You're doing such a great job. I agree that it looks kind of grown up yet still girly. How perfect.

I have no real advice on quilting vs. tying other than to say it depends on your level of energy. Of course tying is easier and quicker. I have a feeling that it would mean more to you if you quilted it... I can imagine that you'd have more satisfaction with yourself if you took that sort of time. I believe either way would be amazing, there isn't really a wrong answer on that one.

Have fun! And way to go....

Tony and Erica said...

It coming along.. It looks really good. Shelby will love it. Even when she is 16 pink doesnt wear out on a girl.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it! I think you should quilt it, but that is just my preference. When you take that much time to piece it for a bedspread it just finishes off the look. Again, I love it!

Tori said...

I think it looks awesome Em!! I would probably quilt it too. I think it would finish it just right. In my mind I can't see it tied, it don't think it would look as pretty. Just my thoughts.