Saturday, January 3, 2009

The best holidays ever-Saturday Sentiments

I really had the best holidays ever. On Christmas I got to stay in my pajamas until 3pm, that was the best! We watched new movies, played the wii, and napped. Later that night my family came over for dinner and I really enjoyed visiting with them and playing some Guitar Hero. Our Shipley family Christmas celebration was moved to the day after Christmas because of the snow storm that was coming. We took the kids to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point (Sarah was almost more excited about that trip than Christmas itself). At the Shipley's Brett brought his 4-wheeler and pulled the kids around on a sled, they had a great time and played outside until they were frozen. We also got the exciting news that Melanie and Dan are having a baby! We are so excited. What will the kids do when their favorite aunt becomes a mom?

I also had some fun date nights with my brothers and sisters as well as Darren's and our parents. Its so fun to get to visit without the kids running around, we get to enjoy each other and I really love that.

New Years Eve we had our regular little party. Melanie and Dan came, and so did Daniel and Mindy and their kids. We played singstar, Guitar Hero and ate. The kids love to stay up late and then explode poppers (thats what we call those things that you pull a string and they explode and shoot colored streamers all over the yard) at midnight.

New Years Day was spent putting away Christmas. Tiffanie and I worked hard for 3 hours taking down decorations and moving furniture. Nothing like moving furniture to start the year off right. I have lots of goals for this new year, but today my heart is full of gratitude as I realize how blessed my family has been this past year. We have made it through some trials we weren't expecting and I have again realized that my life is in the hands of my Heavenly Father. I want to do all I can this year to show how grateful I am for that.

2 comments:

love for seven said...

WEll if staying in your PJ'S til 3:00 was lucky, then I was so lucky-or lazy. I never even got out of mine until the next morning! I am so glad you had a wonderful Holiday. You deserved it more than anyone! Thanks for making mine great as well. Thank you again for the thoughtful gifts. Your friendship is plenty, but thanks for indulging me. Love you!

Anonymous said...

This is a great blog. Thanks for sharing. I agree. Holidays are different now then they were as a kid, but isn't it nice to have a diversion and spend time with family. That's the best gift of all!