Sunday, April 19, 2009

I have a school room and a coat closet!

I am soooooooo excited! We turned the room that Mike and Tiff were using into our school room, and turned my upstairs hall closet into a coat closet. Not having a coat closet is one of the things that has frustrated me about this house, (along with a small kitchen) and it was fairly easy to take out three of the shelves and add a closet rod.

A few years ago Darren and I listened to some cds about love language. My love language is time. That means the best way to show love to me is to spend time with me, or doing things for me. Darren and I agreed that I could make him a "honey do" list so he would know what projects I wanted done. Now, along with this comes another agreement, defining what is "enough", because honestly once he starts working I could work him to death on projects and it would never be enough because there is no end to the projects I can think of that need to be done. This also hold true for the way he recieves love, there has to be a definition of what is enough. So, back to my school room and closet. Yesterday we met my brother at the storage unit he shares with my parents to get McKay's old twin bed. We brought that home. Then Darren installed four more shelves in the closet of the school room. Then, he took Shelby's day bed apart, we hauled it to the school room (needed for a comfy place to read, and for the ocasional cousin sleepover), and put it back together. I set to work emptying the upstairs closet and moving the school stuff downstairs while Darren put the twin bed from the storage unit together in Shelby's room. When that was done he knocked out the shelves in the hall closet and installed a closet rod! I would say all of that work was more than "enough" I'm certain that he loves me! I love the new space, not only the school room, but in my closet now that coats are not hanging in there. It is also nice to have all the school stuff in one place, and not poking out from every available corner.

4 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

AWESOME! I need pictures, pictures I say!! ; )

Steph said...

Wow that sounds really cool! I also hated not having a closet. When we moved to this house from our house like yours as silly as it seems that was a HUGE plus! The school room sounds nice! I love doing new things! Happy "honey to do list"!

Tony and Erica said...

Thats so nice.. You guys did your basement and got to enjoy it with family.. now you can enjoy it for you. I want to make a "honey do list" I agree with the small kitchen and NO closet space :)

Hayley said...

how nice to have an official school room. and nice of darren to show you love!!! i think i'm a mix of all of the love languages. just like i'm a mix of all the color personalities...