Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What did I just do?

I registered for the Pony Express Days 5K! Holy crap! I know a 5k isn't that long, but I've never done a race before and now I'm a little, no a lot, nervous. I printed out my training schedule, and figured out that I should start training this week! Holy Crap! Good thing I have a run planned with Mandi tomorrow. I've always toyed with the idea of doing a 5k and when Mandi decided to run a half marathon I decided that I would give it a go. So, after talking with Mandi today I went ahead and signed up. I'm excited, I'm not looking to do anything, but finish and run the whole thing. Tiff is supposed to be doing this with me, so here we go.

Also, on another note. We went to Las Vegas last week. Tiffanie had a conference and it was a great excuse to visit Melanie. You can get an overview of our trip on Melanie's blog, and I promise I will post some pictures soon, not just of our trip, but I want to show off my April Fools day dinner, and my school room and coat closet (I was thinking today that of all the improvements we've done on our house the closets are my favorite).

Well, wish me luck as I train for this run. I'm reminding myself that this is supposed to be fun!

6 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

I am SO proud of you. That's no small accomplishment, Em. You're going to do an excellent job. Just remember to enjoy the "climb" and nothing else. You'll do wonderfully, I have no doubt.

I can't wait to see pictures of everything you're going to post. : )

Tori said...

Very impressive! Good luck. Wish I could run more than 5 steps. Jumped like a frog the other day with my 2 year old class. Not a smart thing to do. :)

Tony and Erica said...

Ill be right there with you.. this wont be my first 5k and im sure not my last.. Its fun and exciting and something too look forward to. Ill see you on the roads :)

garrett said...

You can do it! Good luck and make sure you let us know how it goes.

mindy said...

This helps inspire me to get in better shape. That and the fact that I still get winded on all the stairs up to my floor. :)

Melanie said...

That's really awesome. Dan and I have talked about doing a 5K. We need to put words into action. Good luck!