Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Disaster averted

I had 3 points leftover today. I love a snack after the kids go to bed. I decided on a Warm Delights mini cake. They are yummy and only 3 points. Since I often skim when I read I put the cake in the microwave for 2 min. instead of 30 sec. The cake is supposed to cool for 2 min. I stopped the microwave with 30 sec. left on the timer because my cake was smoking. I took one bite, and it was crunchy, not at all molten lava. I was going to eat it anyway, when I thought that this was SO not worth my last 3 points of the day, the night before I weigh in. I thought I should make a new one, and just throw the cake away, when another thought crossed my mind, I bet the kids would eat it, so I gave it to them. They loved it, and I made me a knew one (thanks to couponing I'm stocked on warm delight minis). Bring on the mom of the year award! Oh, my second cake was a warm delight!

1 comment:

ashley said...

That is hilarious! I totally understand that feeling though of wanting something really good to use points on. I'll have to try those warm delights. They look good.