Friday, January 22, 2010

Change

Big changes are happening in our house this week! I'm not one that deals with change well, but this week has gone exceptionally well, which is a reminder to me that my Heavenly Father has a hand in my life and is helping me through this change. So lets get on with it, right?

Since I'm a story teller, you get the whole back story. When I was deciding about home schooling my kids a mom in my colloquia I was attending at the time told me about the Kimber Academy, and LDS private school, her kids had just started attending. I loved what she had to say and it sounded like the best of both worlds the kids go 3 days a week for 4 hours, they get the benefit of being in school and being home, it sounded perfect. I looked into it more and it just came down to we couldn't afford it. Fast forward to the Kimber Academy opening a school in Lehi. I was so excited, maybe some day my kids could go there. My brother in law, Mike, knew of the Kimber family from his home school days, and enrolled Carter in the school in Lehi. I received an email through the Eagle Mountain homeschoolers message board about elective class being taught at the Kimber Academy. I had had my eye out for a good art class for my kids, and art was one of the classes that they were offering, so my kids started going to art once a week, and loved it. Every month Tiffanie tells me about the great parent meeting and how awesome the school is. Then, a little while ago Tiffanie told me that Carter's teacher was quitting to have a baby. I started bouncing the idea of teaching there around in my head. One day I asked Tiff what she thought of me applying for the job. She was very encouraging and got some information for me. My main thought was, would my kids be able to go there if I taught. After a lot of prayer Darren and I decided I should go ahead and apply. I interviewed last week and was offered the job as the teacher of the reading class on Monday. I started teaching on Tuesday. My kids also started going to class on Tuesday. What an amazing week.

My kids, especially Shelby, love the school. I have been praying a lot about what it is that Shelby needs right now, and I don't think its a coincidence that this is happening right now. A light has come on with her that is so exciting to see. Sarah is also happy to be there, and its great for me to be there too, so she can come and see me whenever she needs to. I love my class, I'm so excited about the curriculum that I get to teach and my kids get to learn.

It has been a crazy week, figuring out our new schedule. Mike and Tiff have been such a big help and things could not have gone so well if weren't for Mike taking the kids to school. I am so excited about this opportunity for our family.

9 comments:

Elizabeth Ward said...

I'm so excited for you guys.

Kelly Hill said...

I have no doubt you'll do an amazing job! The power of prayer is pretty incredible. Way to go!!

Paul, Annabell, and Kidlings said...

wow! congratulations.This is great for all of ya. So glad everything is working out accordingly. HE definitely watches over us.

Melanie said...

That's so exciting for you and your girls. I love when just the right thing works out so well. Good luck with teaching that awesome!

Steph said...

Congrats! Thats an awesome opportunity! You'll be great!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading about the academy and have been impressed with the philosophy. What a wonderful opportunity for all of you! I'm sure you will make a wonderful teacher.

Tori said...

I think that is so awesome Em. I had chills the whole time I was reading your post. It's pretty cool the way the Lord works. Even cooler when we know it's Him and not us. :) Love ya and best of luck with everything as your family moves forward.

mindy said...

Wow! This is a big change for sure! Congrats on the job, which I know you'll do awesome at!

Wayne said...

Emity, What a wonderful opportunity for you and the girls.I have thought for a long time that something like this would be wonderful for you. If I can help in anyway let me know. Pam