Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fairy homes




My girls, especially Sarah, love fairies. When we saw an article in Family Fun Magazine this morning on building a fairy house, they were totally excited. They quickly got dressed, ate breakfast, and cleaned up their rooms, so that they could get outside and work on their fairy houses. They used flowers from the funeral yesterday to make beds, and other fairy household items. Sarah covered the floor of her house with petals. I did feel bad that they didn't dry them to save, but this is what they wanted to do, and now they are preserved in pictures. To make the houses totally magical, they sprinkled them with glitter, and then spent the rest of the morning going in and out of the house to check to see if the fairies had been there. Some things had magically moved, so we know that they did come and visit.

3 comments:

garrett said...

That's awesome. I only recently found out about Sarah's love of fairies... hope that family of imaginary ones she talks about like the house!

love for seven said...

Such sweet creative girls! What a cute idea! They are beautiful!

Tori said...

Taylor says: That is so awesome that Shelby used the sticks to stand up the leaves! Oh my goodness, I love it! Sarah's house is so creative! And I hope I get to see you soon!
Rylie says: Sarah is my best cousin!

Those houses are very clever. My girls want to make one too. :) If you couldn't tell by their comments.