Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Grandma Elsie


Darren's grandma passed away Friday night. She has been living with Darren's parents for the past two years, and would stay with them for 6 months at a time for a couple of years before that. His mother (Pam) has given her life to taking care of her mother since she moved in full time with them. I really admire all that Pam has done, she has taken great care of her mother and I know it has not been easy. I sat with Grandma a few times when Wayne and Pam would go out, and Grandma would be so worried when Pam wasn't around. Since Grandma died on Friday, I have been trying to think of something good that I could keep with me. Today was her funeral. I learned that pink was her favorite color. I felt like I really got to know her today, and I wish I could have known her better when she was more of herself. Today as we were driving home, and I was thinking about her, I felt her spirit. I felt like she was letting me know that she knew that I try to do what is right, and she appreciated me. Thank you Grandma Elsie.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Paul, Annabell, and kidlings said...

God Bless, Grandma!! Hey who is that CUTE butterball sitting in the chair!? Anymore cute camping pictures? I didn't take any of that trip.