Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday!


I can't believe I'm doing this so late! I am a terrible mom and wife. Shelby and Darren celebrated their birthdays over the weekend, Shelby on Saturday and Darren on Sunday. The long running joke in our family that makes Shelby shriek every time, is that we are skipping her birthday this year because Darren's birthday was skipped when she was born and he had to spend the day in the hospital, because of her (not that he had any part in that). We went bowling for Shelby's birthday. The biggest tragedy of the day was when Sarah got a strike and didn't get to roll the ball a second time.

My Shelby is Eleven! How time flies. I look at her and think back over our life the last eleven years. I am so grateful for Shelby, she has taught me so much. I'm so glad that she chose to come to our family. I could do without the wailing that Darren can provoke from her with so little effort, but she also has the best giggle around. She is growing into a very fine young lady. Happy Birthday Sweetheart.

Darren. Where would I be without him? I'll avoid getting too sappy and just say that he is my rock. To use his words he talks me down off the ledge. I'm also grateful that he has chosen me. Happy Birthday honey, your great for being half way to 70!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

ah. i would have had a fit if someone even joked about skipping my birthday. now, i think i wouldn't mind.

Tiffanie said...

you would think that after 11 years she would learn ;-)

TheFirstWard said...

Happy birthday Shelby and Darren!