Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love Is In The Air


I am a huge Jon and Kate plus 8 fan. In one episode about Valentines Day Kate had these cute bags that she strapped to the kids chairs and filled with goodies for Valentines Day. I thought that was so cute. Well I decided to have the kids decorate these little mailboxes, and then the kids could spend the month of February delivering little things to each other. We decorated the mailboxes on Friday and immediately the kids started delivering notes and treats to each other. They raise the flag to let the person know they have mail. I thought the novelty would wear off by the end of the day, but they are still at it. It has been a lot of fun. We will have special prizes for Valentines Day. We are also our Valentines dinner, since the big day is Saturday, and it will be crazy busy everywhere Darren and I are going out Friday. Saturday we are having heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphys and I have ordered and ice cream cake from Maggie Moos (cinnamoo and dark chocolate ice cream with Heath bar and chocolate cake), I think we still need cookies from the Smart Cookie to finish it off. It is going to take some extreme points managing to pull it off, but I am up for the challenge, I think.

Yesterday we got a delivery from FedEx. I called Darren to tell him a package had arrived, and ask him what it was. I got the typical Shipley response "Its too close to a holiday to be asking those kind of questions". When he got home from work he handed me the box, I opened it and found this!



Isn't it cute? I LOVE red! I did already have an i Pod, its and old (in the i Pod world) 2G, I have to take stuff off anytime I want to put something new on. I like to listen to General Conference on my way home from the gym, now with a whopping 8G, I can have all of Conference on there at once! I am rather pathetic, because I don't know how to use i tunes or rip music. I tell Darren what I want on there and how I want it organized and he does it for me. Lame right? or is it love? I am so excited about my new ipod. In honor of Valentines Day I have decided to wear red shoes everyday this week! Today my red shoes are red slippers, cuz hey I'm not going anywhere until yoga class (tonight is my first class, I'm excited about it too).

4 comments:

Hayley said...

gotta love a new iPod!!! ;)

and i love that the kids are being so generous with each other! cute idea!

Melanie said...

I love the mailboxes. How fun! I hope you have a happy Valentine's Day. BTW did Darren inscribe anything on your Ipod? Like Emity...Shelby and Sarah's mom. or Emity...best home schooling mom ever? :)

love for seven said...

Such a lucky girl! I think it's great Darren does it all. It makes it that much more fun. I love the red shoes, so festive! Have fun at your class tonight, I'd love to hear about it! Oh, and, thanks for the chat today!

Tori said...

Love the iPod. I couldn't find mine the other day and was telling Taylor I might have to steal hers. She gave me the big uh-uhn. The girls got their letters today and loved them. Thanks for keeping it fun!