Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Great Weekend!

I had a great weekend, so great that its taken me until Tuesday to write about it. On Friday Darren and I celebrated our 12th anniversary. For fun we went shopping for lawn chairs, specifically Adirondack chairs. I am so excited about our newly fenced back yard that I think I need to create a spot to sit back and enjoy. We also went to dinner at my new favorite steakhouse; Texas Roadhouse-yum.

Saturday was our annual Easter egg treasure hunt. When I was young my family and I used to go to Richfield, and go on a big treasure hunt through the mountains, then after a dinner of marinated Turkey we would hike a huge, steep hill and roll eggs. Some people, usually the uncles and older male cousins would be at the bottom of the hill and throw the eggs back up at you and you kept rolling the eggs until there was nothing left to roll. This year we tried to recreate this experience in Eagle Mountain. I had a perfect spot picked, but in true Utah form someone was already there shooting, so we had to pick a different spot. This is what our hill ended up looking like. More of a hill of dirt, than a huge, steep mountain, but still lots of Fun!

On Sunday, we had an Easter devotional out of the Family Home Evening Manual. We had the traditional pose in your Easter Dress on the porch pictures, and Mike and Tiff and Carter came over for dinner. It was a great Easter!

5 comments:

Tori said...

Happy Anniversary! This makes 12 years right? I didn't know you had fenced in your yard. How nice! I would just like to get one room finished in the basement at my house. How was Easter at your house this weekend?

garrett said...

Fun! Sorry you had to use a picture with my butt in it... It was a good time.

Kelly Hill said...

Hey neighbor! I love your Easter traditions. We always have the Easter Sunday porch pictures as well but I couldn't bring myself to do it this year with our ugly yard and cluttered porch. We have nice on-the-clean-couch pictures though, I guess that's a fine substitution.

Hope you don't mind me finding you and checking out your blog. If you feel like I'm stalking you just let me know. :)

Kelly

em said...

Kelly,
I'm glad you found it visit anytime.
Em

TheFirstWard said...

Emity, I love your thaought about happiness being now.

Your girls are really growing up and changing. I can see a big difference in their thoughts and actions since you started teaching them at home. It is amazes me with all you are able to to with your little girls and how you enjoy having fun with them. Keep up your good work. Your girls look so beautiful in their Easter dresses.

Dad