Thursday, March 20, 2008

Treadmill reflections

Yesterday I had to get a new key to my gym, and I talked to the owner about taking a group of people to run around the hills in Eagle Mountain. After I left I thought "What have I gotten myself into?" But as I have thought about it more I thought; maybe I shouldn't find some way to back out, maybe it would be fun. Maybe this whole thing is supposed to be fun. Maybe I'm not supposed to be so obsessed with the scale and maybe all this exercise is great because its fun and I like it, and it gives me time to myself to think and get ready for my day. If that were really the point then I don't need validation in any other way. I get so frustrated when I feel that I've worked so hard and the scale doesn't budge, and I feel guilty that I leave my kids every morning. So I have to believe that this about more than loosing weight. I also like the thought that I will be healthier as I get older.

This is what runs through my head as I run/walk/elliptical, whatever. Oh, and Fall Out Boy is fun to workout to so is the soundtrack to Wicked.

No comments: