Monday, March 31, 2008

Sisters

I have been thinking about my sisters lately. It started because I was thinking about a little thought I had put on a panel of pictures of my girls. It says "having a sister means you always have a friend". For me that is so true. I love my sisters, we are each so different, but also the same since we grew up together. I love that I get to spend time with Tiffanie all the time, and that after years of fighting when we lived together, that now we have so much in common. I miss Tori she is fun and talented, and I just don't get to talk with her enough.

I also am so blessed to have six awesome sisters-in-law, that really I consider sisters. The four of us Shipley sisters have married these five brothers. They are loud, and obnoxious but there must be something to them because they have married awesome women. Melanie, as the only daughter is the glue that keeps the family together, how she turned out so sweet with these brothers is a mystery. And then there is Liz, the saint that married my brother. I always thought that it would take a strong woman to marry Jared and fit in with my sisters and I since we are all so close in age and Liz fits that to a "T".

Then there are my friends that are sisters. The women that I serve and have served with in Primary are a constant inspiration to me. I also have some great neighbors that I know I can count on for anything and I love them.

I know this is super sappy, but it has been on my mind and wanted to let these women that really matter to me know that they really matter to me.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Just want to let my sister know that I love her very much and wish I was closer. Kind of funny, but I have been thinking about my sisters too. We are truly blessed to have such great family ties.

Tiffanie said...

I love my sisters too! Thanks for the post, and for all that you are in my life. I love you.