Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Swimming lessons have run our lives for the last two weeks. I chose to have the girls take lessons at Riverton Pool, since its fairly close and it was affordable. So we drove into town Monday through Thursday for lessons. I chose a lesson time of 11:45, so that we could have lunch at the park and then go back to the pool to swim if we wanted to.
I have lived in Eagle Mountain for almost 8 years, so I am conditioned now that if you go into town you must make it worth the trip so I packed as much as I could into my daily drives. Basically I'm exhausted. The 4th of July on Friday and a trip to Price for Taylor's Baptism made last week totally fun, but also exhausting. We were late for church on Sunday because we just couldn't move fast enough.
So this week is all about catching up on things I have let slide; housework, practicing piano, and blogging. Here are some swimming lesson highlights.
Aren't my girls fabulous in their matching swim suits? I love dressing them the same, its in my genetic make-up.
Here is Sarah leading her class in a game of "red light, green light". The color of the "light" determines how fast you kick your legs.
And now the most climatic moment of all. Its the last day of lessons, will Shelby jump off the high dive? She has jumped off the regular diving board, which took a lot of courage because the water was 12 feet deep. She climbed the high dive once only to turn around and climb back down. Are you on the edge of your seat with anticipation? Well I will leave you in suspense no longer.
She did it!

4 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Yeah Shelby!! Cute suits too. Your girls are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Shelby!

Elizabeth Ward said...

Shelby, I can relate. When I took lessons as a kid the diving board was the scariest thing. (My teacher finally pushed me off) After that I loved it and would do it over and over. It looks like you all had great fun.

Tori said...

Way to go Shelby!!!! I love to dress my girls the same too. I think we are cursed, but I don't mind. :) We were late for church too! It was just too hard to wake up Sunday morning.