Monday, June 30, 2008

The Progression of Big Hair

Thursday night I went to Mandi's for a fun Girl's Night Out. We watched an awesome movie and then sat around and talked, and laughed. We reminisced about all the trends that we thought were so cool in the '80s, pegged pants, plastic charm necklaces, and Unit clothes (remember the jumpsuits and the bands you wore layered around your waist?), oh, and layered socks. Well my pride and joy of the '80s was my hair so I thought I would share some pictures of my beautifully big hair. The pictures aren't great, they are pictures of pages out of my mom's scrapbooks, but still fun.

This is 8th grade. Notice how my hair looks wet on the sides, that is from the hairspray.

This is 9th grade, the hair clipped up on one side is very stylish. Also notice the scarf-fabulous.
This hair do is work of art. To get it to just flow like that, took talent. Don't you love the little cowboy slide thing at my neck. It was a stressful picture day by the time I got to sit down for the picture I didn't notice that my neck slide was twisted and one end was in my pocket. This was my sophomore year of high school.

So there you have it. Trends I did once that I don't have to do again. I do think it would be fun if our neighborhood party gals all dressed up like it was 1989 for Halloween!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like those pictures are like totally awesome! :) Looks like I'll have to dust off my giant hair pics some time soon. Thanks for sharing! I agree with dressing up for halloween

love for seven said...

That is some of the best hair I have ever seen! AYou look 80's gorgeous! I am all for Halloween, I better start gathering my attire! Too bad I won't be able to do BIG hair, oh well.

garrett said...

Nice hair, Em! I should do one of these to show the progression of my parted hair to when I figured out it was curly.... hmmmm...

Tori said...

I loved your hair Emity! I thought you had great talent getting it to go the way you did. I remeber the hairspray, clips, and blow dryer. Good times! I tried to get my hair like yours when I was in 7th or 8th grade. I can't remember. I'll have to look at Mom's books.

Kelly Hill said...

That last picture looks so much like DJ's from Full House. Ha!! These are awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

Tony and Erica said...

when ever I get the computer back I will have to put some up of me.. they wont be the same, because most of my clothes consist of my mom making them with HUGE shoulder pads of XXL t shirts with tights under them.