Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Weekend Review

We had a great weekend! I thought I would share a few photos .

Friday night we went on our Ward's camp out. It was in Ophir, which is this beautiful spot just around the mountain from Cedar Fort. It is surrounded by cliffs with holes that have been drilled into them from past mining explorations. The kids had to check them out, so after much begging Shelby, and her friends got Tom Davis to take them up to check out the caves. We arrived at the camp ground early and got set up, which was great because then we could relax and enjoy ourselves. Unlike other ward camp outs when we get there late, set up, eat dinner, and go to bed, only to take it all down first thing the next morning. We had a great time.


Saturday afternoon we went out to my in laws to help work on the garden. After years of my own garden performing poorly, and receiving lots of produce from my in laws I decided that we would help them with their garden. I clearly need help to learn how to grow a garden and they have it down pretty good. After we finished weeding and planting tomatoes Shelby asked Grandpa if she could drive the lawn mower. She did a pretty good job, and I can't believe how quickly she is growing up. Too soon that will be the steering wheel of a car.
Darren also wanted a turn on the mower, and Sarah wanted to drive too.
Tiff bought Singstar "90s" as well as a Wii so we went out to her house Sunday evening for a fun night of video games. Singstar is my favorite game, I think. Its karaoke on the playstation, I always wanted to be a superstar, this is as close as I seriously want to get. I also love Guitar Hero and Rockband, but I really like Singstar. The playlist for '90s is fun Tiff and I had a hard time getting through Wilson Phillips "Hold on" without laughing. This game also had New Kids on the Block, Paula Abdul, Cranberries, Extreme, and Vanilla Ice-fun stuff. I'm holding out hope that they will come out with a Singstar Show Tunes now that would be fun to belt out.

2 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Lucky!! Do you know if there's a Singstar for the Wii? We have a karaoke, which is a blast, but that sounds like a ton of fun. Wilson Phillips just happens to be my favorite 90s group.

Your weekend looked like a ton of fun, glad you enjoyed yourself.

garrett said...

Oh man, you should have written about how funny the Wilson Phillips music video was! Good to see you guys. It was a dang fun night.