Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Sarah!


Here is Sarah blowing out the candles at her Birthday party on Saturday. She had a dinosaur party. It was so funny when I started looking online for party ideas and all of the dinosaur ideas were about a party thrown for a little boy, and here my 6 year old daughter wants a dinosaur party. She is still all about dressing up, make-up, jewelry, and everything girly, she just wanted a dinosaur party. Sarah walks to the beat of her own drummer, which is one of the things I love about her. Ask Sarah what she wants to be when she grows up and she will tell you, with all seriousness, she wants to be a mermaid.

We took her out to her favorite restaurant, Sweet Tomatoes, for lunch. Then we went to Target for a few things, including the ingredients to Sarah's favorite dinner-Sloppy Joes. We bought the game Clue, to play together. Sarah and I were Miss Scarlet, and she was great at making accusations using cards that we already had in our hand, and telling Darren and Shelby she was using those things because we had that card, so needless to say we always lost.

I can't believe my baby is 6! At lunch we told Sarah about the day she was born. It seems that there is always a big wind storm on or around Sarah's birthday, one year we ended up replacing shingles, so on this day bad weather makes me a little nostalgic. Of course, Shelby wanted to know about when she was born, so we had a great time reminiscing. I so wanted to take a drive to Logan and show the kids where we lived when we were first married, but the snow stopped us from going. It seems that not a lot has changed for us in 6 years, and at the same time so much has changed. Don't you love milestones that make you look back? I do, especially happy milestones!

3 comments:

ashley said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I love sweet tomatoes too! What a fun dinosaur birthday.

I love your Saturday Sentiments too. I don't have a weekly post that I do, but you are all inspiring me to think of something I could post on more often. :)

ash

Kelly Hill said...

Are we living parallel lives??!? We went to Sweet Tomatoes the other night AND we went to Logan in the snow. Not only that, I LOVE Clue and always had to be Scarlet. (I love red).

A few years ago Kendall and I got together with another couple for board games. We played Clue. They were some sort of fanatics that knew all kinds of strategies and tricks to memorize what had been done already. I was the person with accusations from the cards in my hand (not quite but almost) Needless to say, I lost big time! Oh well, I still love it. I'll play a game with you and Sarah anytime.

garrett said...

Happy birthday Sarah!!! Sorry I missed it, but it looks like you guys had lots of fun! and hooray for dinosaur parties! could I use more exclamation points?!!!?!