Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lists

When I was younger I used to keep all the stuff I had in my pockets. There were a lot of rocks & little shiny things. As I got older it got to be too much to carry & I couldn't remember why I kept it anyway so I finally got rid of it. Now, I make lists.

This was a thought from Storypeople.com I loved it because I love to make lists. Maybe it did start when I couldn't keep everything in my pocket? I love making lists. Kelly recently wrote about making lists, and the joy that comes from checking things off. I have also been guilty of adding something I already finished to my list, just so I can check it off. I use lists with my kids and school. First, Shelby makes a list of things she wants to learn about for the next 6 months. Then, we sit down together and make a monthly plan using her Big List. Each day we come up with her daily list of school work. When the list is done, school is done for the day. Darren says I'm brainwashing them with the list making, actually I think it was his idea. Since checking things off makes me so happy maybe it would work for the kids too. They still carry stuff around in there pockets (Shelby actually brought home a box of rocks and bones from Topaz).

There, my random thought of the day. Happy list making!

3 comments:

ashley said...

I'm a total list maker. If I don't write it down, I'll never remember to do it. I'd be lost without them.

:)

p.s. You totally caught me cutting through your yard this morning. Haha! I hope you don't mind.

Jared said...

Liz is the queen of making lists. For me it's my email and my calendar. If it's not in my inbox or on my calendar, it doesn't exist.

Anonymous said...

Here I am - self proclaimed list maker! Just as long as I can avoid making a list of the things I need to make a list of. haha! Did that even make sense?