Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday Sentiments

I'm sticking with Saturday Sentiments for now, since that seems to work.

1. I can't decide what to call this first one, since its a combination of two things. I love bright colors, they are just so happy. My girls rooms are painted yellow and pink, and (when they are clean) their rooms are just happy. My favorite colors are yellow and red. The second thing is, I love the outdoors. I love nature, I love a beautiful sunset. I think I get this from my dad. When I was a teenager sometimes I would wake up in the middle of night, wrap up in blanket (made by my grandma-that could be another sentiment) and sit go sit on the patio and just think, and get my head head quiet and calm. When we bought this house I was so excited to have a yard, a place to sit outside and enjoy the quiet, Eagle Mountain is great for finding peaceful spots. The problem is we have a small yard, and an ally that runs down the back, I never felt like I had any peace in my back yard. I am so excited that we were able to get a fence this year! So, I am working on creating my own peaceful backyard where my kids can play and I can just go and sit outside and think. So I have decided to paint my old porch swing, and when I saw these bright pillows I knew they would be just the thing.

2. Music. Music makes me happy. There is nothing like a song to improve my mood, or to recall a memory, or help me feel like I am strong and can handle what is before me. I took piano lessons for 8 years when I was younger, and I was feeling so bothered that I couldn't sit down and play anymore that in September I decided to start taking lessons again. Progress is slow, its been 18 years since I took lessons, but I like playing. I even have a few Hymns that I can play pretty well. For those of you that have heard me play in Relief Society, those songs don't count, because I never got to practice them before I played them. Shelby also takes lessons I love listening to her practice. I have also chosen songs for my playlist that I feel are "me" and express how I feel or that make me happy. Hopefully all of you will listen to For Good, because I think of my friends when I hear that song.

Well that's it for today. I have written a ton this week, but it has been so much fun.

2 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

No way! I have those exact pillows! Just kidding, I just wanted to keep with the "in common" things. Those pillows are cute, by the way.

Music is one of my favorites too! I hadn't ever heard that song you recommended (For Good) but I listened to it and fell in love! Then I heard it on the radio this evening. One of my favorites that kind of goes along with that theme is "We're Sisters." Do you remember a couple of years ago when our stake women got together for a sing-song sort of evening? They played a slide show...?? At one point the Cedar Fort ladies sang "We're Sisters" and from then on it's been one of my favorites.

Great post! Great title! Great friend!!

Daisy Paige said...

Happened upon your blog and had to tell you I'm in the exact same boat with regard to playing the piano. I was actually pretty good once upon a time, but without practicing for years, I've much to relearn. Thanks for the inspiration to start relearning today!