Friday, April 18, 2008

Yeah! I got my trip to Logan!

After being so nostalgic on Sarah's Birthday I really wanted to take the kids to Logan. To show them around the town Darren and I spent the first 5 months of our marriage, and where I went to college. We couldn't go because of the snow, and Mary and Wicket were in the back yard, and we didn't think it would be a good idea to leave them there for too long. So, we decided to plan our trip for Thursday. I packed a lunch, and we went and picked Darren up from work, and we were off. Our first stop was the Logan Temple. We used to go every week- the things you can do when you don't have any kids. Sarah was most excited about the water fountain as you can see by her running in the background.


Our next stop was USU campus. We stopped at the "A", and then went to the bookstore to buy the girls USU T-shirts, we have to start the brainwashing early. It was also fun to talk with Shelby about college and all the things you can study, she was most excited about animal science (so, this counts as a school field trip!).

Next we showed them where our little one room "studio" apartment was and "The Pink Palace", where I lived before we got married. "The Palace" is a cool old house, and really I have some of the best memories there.

We had dinner at the The Bluebird, which included buying chocolate as we left. I bought a chocolate dipped York(along with some other delicious treats), but as we drove home, I thought the chocolate dipped York is kind of redundant, isn't it? I'm mean its already chocolate, but double chocolate can't be a bad thing-or maybe it can. I'll let you know, I haven't eaten it yet, sometimes just having chocolate in my house gives me comfort. Anyway, back to our trip. We followed up dinner with a trip to Charlie's for shakes. The weather was perfect, and the day was perfect. Thank you Darren for giving me such a perfect day with my family in a place I love!

4 comments:

ashley said...

How fun! I love Logan. I went there too. I just did the first 2 years though. Seeing your pictures makes me want to go back so bad. I haven't been there in 5 years. I'm glad you got to go. Your girls will always remember it.

Kelly Hill said...

Kendall and I have no ties to Logan but for some reason we go there for our anniversary occasionally. We even took the kids there on Tuesday (snowy, yuck!) for discount socks and milk boxes from Gossner. It's a routine we have. That's all we did there and then we left.

I'm glad you got your day. That's awesome!!

Tiffanie said...

With as much as we go to Logan, I haven't been to the A or the Bull in years! I am glad you went and had such a good time.

garrett said...

I LOVE Logan. I still miss it and imagine a day when I could move back. She doesn't greet me like she used to in college. Now when I drive out of Sardine Canyon, the City seems to say, "Welcome, friend! We had some good times, huh?" when she used to say, "Welcome home!" I love that it gets to count as a field trip. Aw, good ol' Logan.