Monday, May 12, 2008

Its Monday!?

I have sort of a love/hate relationship with Mondays. I love putting my house back in order after a great weekend, and this weekend was great! I had a great Mother's day, I hope everyone did, it was for me just what I wanted it to be. Darren and I put the chair rail up in my bedroom on Wednesday, Darren bought petunias that we planted on Saturday, and Sacrament Meeting was awesome-the Priesthood singing made me cry, what a great surprise! But, I hate that Darren has to go to work, and getting back to the daily routine is sometimes hard. Today, though Monday is inspiring me. We went to Wellington yesterday, and we didn't get home until late, so we got up late. I didn't get to the gym until 8:30 and then did the grocery shopping. I called to check on the kids and Sarah wasn't even up yet at 10:00-kids were tired too. I listened to an awesome Conference talk (Knowing that you Know) on the way home about testimony, that is my favorite part of going to the gym listening to Conference on the way home. I got my kitchen cleaned (my floor hadn't been cleaned in two weeks-as my mom would say "There was so much dirt you could plant radishes"), while the girls walked dogs. When they got home we read Anne of Green Gables. Shelby made me lunch while I showered. Then practiced the piano. We still have math to do, maybe making Apple Crisp for FHE will be math (science and home ec. too) for today. I love a productive Monday.

I have also decided that I need some new motivation in my piano practicing. So, I have made a practicing calendar. I am going to use it to make sure that I practice 5 days a week from now until the recital-Yes, Jeannette makes me play. I don't like to play in front of people, but that's kind of the point of why I started taking lessons again, so that I could play in Church.

I am also having some great thoughts about what I want my blog to be. To really be a piece of me and everything that I love. To share more of what is important to me and what motivates me. So, look for some new links and me to talk about somethings that I don't always talk about. I have a vision of what I hope this blog can be, and I am really excited about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure have the same kind of relationship with Mondays as well. I have come to the point where I just simply don't put any expectations onto myself for Monday besides put things back in order from the weekend. I sure look forward to the changes in your blog. I already love to read it as I find we have much in common - who knew?

Tiffanie said...

While I was reading your post on Mondays, I realized that I don't seem to have a "monday" per-se because of Mike's schedule. I do love a good productive day though.