Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday Sentiments

My Saturday Sentiments is happening on Sunday this week, that's the beauty of having two days in a row that begin with 'S'.


I have a lilac blooming! We planted these lilac bushes 7 years ago with starts that we got from my parent's yard. They have a beautiful "wall" of purple and white lilacs. As a kid I loved to go out and smell them. I would always think of the the Primary song "I Often Go Walking". I love the smell of lilacs, especially when you can just smell them in the air. I had planted these bushes trying to create my own wall of lilacs beside my porch. I had thoughts of just stepping out on my porch and enjoying my beautiful flowers. Although the bushes grew every year I've never gotten any flowers until this spring! Only this one bunch, but after seven years I was so excited, and reminded of why I planted them in the first place.

2 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Yay!!! We have a lilac bush at the end of our house that is barely with it each year. This is the third year, I think. The smell of lilacs has always been my very favorite! I was also hoping to have a huge bush but I guess not for years, huh? It's okay, I'm in it for the long haul.

Great post, and great picture! I'm so excited for you!!

love for seven said...

Congrats! I hope you have better luck than us. We too planted a lilac bush 7 years ago. On year 4 we got one bloom and haven't had one since. Every year we watch and wait, and then are so dissapointed. However, the one we had was very memorable. I also took pictures!