Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday Sentiments

Friends.

This has been one of those weeks where I have been compelled to be humble. Having good friends is what has helped me get through. When I was having a particularly rough day I called Darren and my sister, and then went to visit Mandi. Talking to each person really helped brighten my day. Jenny sent me a great email that helped me a ton. I also got to say a quick "Hi" to Ashley as she walked past my kitchen window one morning. I got to spend Friday afternoon with Tiffanie and Liz, and just being with them was a great lift. Then, Friday night I went scrapbooking with my friends Carma, Daina, and Katie. Tiffanie spent the day here today during her open house, it was great to have her here especially since Darren was gone all day.

All of this time with friends has helped me to understand that we can't get through life alone. We need each other. Its funny to me what having this blog has done for me, its helped me connect with my neighbors in a way that I never have before. Sometimes I feel like I am short on friends, but since I started this blog and read my friends blogs I feel like we have more of a connection. Its silly to live by people for 7 1/2 years and it takes the computer to feel close to my neighbors. I guess through the wonder of the internet we can be there for each other when we have a minute to check and see how everyone is doing. I love it.

I want to thank all of you for the moments that you have been there for me. You may not even know how much you all mean to me. The times that you have made me laugh or shared something that was just what I needed to help me with what is going on in my life. Thanks.

4 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

I send my best wishes directly across the street! This computer stuff is great, but somehow I missed out on the fact that you were having a bad week. I hope you know that my thoughts and prayers are constantly with my friends and family.... I spend a great deal of time in contemplation and prayer for each of you because of the way you've each touched my life for good.

Have a tremendous week, Em! You deserve it!!

Kelly Hill said...

Okay, upon further reflection I've realized that if my best wishes went directly across the street they would enter an empty house. And while I assume that house could use extra help, I'm going to focus my energy directly across the street and one house to the East. There! Did you get them??!? Whew! I'm glad that's taken care of, I was feeling a little silly.

Tiffanie said...

I have had to learn and re-learn and will probably continue to need to be reminded that we all need eachother. It is so easy to get wrapped up in our own lives and forget to connect. I am so tremendously greatful for you and all you are for me in my life. I ALWAYS feel better about life after we talk, so thank you!

love for seven said...

Ok, so I feel like a horrible friend! I was so glad to have you at my house, that I completley went off on all of the things that need fixing in my life. I am sorry for being insensitive. I just get so caught up in my own world that I don't take time to see what is going an around me(even if it is within touching distance). However, I am so glad you stopped by, it was exactly what I needed at that very moment. Maybe just knowing how much you helped me will make you feel better in some way. You always have had a way of calming me down, thankyou! I love you so much and miss you, even though your just across the way. If you ever need to talk I am always here.